The specific goals of CI²MA are:
- To set up this center as an academic-professional instance that offers research and development services to the external environment, and which aims to consolidate the scientific work of its researchers under the CI²MA quality seal.
- Increase and consolidate the scientific production of the center and improve the impact on industry of the results of the research carried out, positioning CI²MA as a center of excellence at the national and international level.
To achieve the stated goals, CI²MA's main strategy will be to join forces as much as possible*. In this direction, those areas of research that already have a critical mass will be supported and consolidated; those that do not yet have a sufficient number of active researchers but can meet this critical mass in the short term will be strengthened. Collaboration with external experts and professionals will be strongly promoted. And the participation of new young researchers, as well as doctoral students and advanced undergraduate students, will be permanently encouraged.
The following are some of the specific actions to take:
- Organization of a permanent program of seminars with active participation of professionals from the productive and social environments.
- Organization of workshops, in collaboration with professionals of the productive and social environments, to identify, formulate and solve the mathematical challenges in the society at large.
- Establishment of a permanent program of doctoral and postdoctoral fellowships at the center.
- Organization of summer schools of the doctoral program to increase the recruitment of new students.
- Permanent promotion of collaboration with recognized specialists in Applied Mathematics from Chile and abroad, through visits of these to CI²MA as well as stays of CI²MA members at other centers.
- Organization of national and international congresses.