Events of CI²MA
Research done within CI²MA and CRHIAM is increasingly targeted at real applications that involve physical processes of solid-liquid or gas-solid separation, biochemical reactions, and unit operations.
An important line of activity is focused on the formulation, analysis, efficient numerical solution, and application of models that are formulated in the language of partial differential equations, which in turn arise from fundamental laws of continuum mechanics, chemistry and other areas.
It is the purpose of the workshop to discuss recent advances and new problems in this line of research with professionals and academic colleagues from applied mathematics, the engineering sciences, and related areas.
- Julio Careaga, Universidad de Concepción, Chile
- Manuel Larenas and Pamela Garrido, Centro de Investigación JRI, Chile
- Alonso Pereira, Universidad de Concepción, Chile
- Pep Mulet, Universitat de València, Spain
- M. Carmen Martí, Universidad de Concepción, Chile
- Diana Celi, Universidad de Concepción, Chile
- Stefan Diehl, Lund University, Sweden
- Claudia Castillo, CSIRO Minerals, Chile
- Christian Ihle, Universidad de Chile, Chile
- Elena Torfs, Université Laval, Quebec, Canada
- Elisa Giustinianovich, Universidad de Concepción, Chile
- Camilo Mejías, Universidad de Concepción, Chile
The workshop will take place in the afternoon of Wednesday, September 27, 2017, and the morning of Thursday, September 28, 2017, at Universidad de Concepcion. People interested in participating or presenting work should contact the organizers. Limited financial support for transport and accomodation is available. Detailed information and a preliminary program will follow soon.
This event is supported by CI²MA and CONICYT (Chile) through projects PFB03 CMM-Basal, CRHIAM Fondap 15130015, PAI/MEC/80150006, and Fondecyt 1170473.
Researchers, graduate students and advanced undergraduate students are invited to attend the workshop. For registrations, please contact Ms. Angelina Fritz, Secretary of CI²MA, until Monday, September 25, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.